GT6 help

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: GT6 help
From: GT6in@aol.com
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 1998 19:54:10 EDT
        I've tried everything, and I need help on my poorly running GT6+.  I
recently
acquired grose jets with the vision of my GT6 running better.  Replacing the
jets gave me a chance to also check that my float levels were correct, as the
car was running VERY rich.  So I replaced the jets, readjusted the float
levels to 18mm.  Now my problem:  The car runs fine at idle producing an even
bellow from the exaust sorta that V8 sound.  When there is a load put on the
engine, ie.  just driving around the block; the engine feels like it is
misfiring heavily.  When I put the pedal to the floor from about 1300 RPM the
engine strains to get to 3000 RPM.  I have replaced the condensor, points, and
the rotor and cap are less than a year old and they look fine.  I have also
removed the grose jets and reinstalled the original jets to possibly cure the
problem.  To no avail.  My question is this, is it possible that the coil
could be failing to put out the required spark power when under load?  To me
this sounds like an ignition problem, but could the carbs be the culprit(I am
running late model Mk1 carbs on it)?  Excuse me for my ignorance, but this is
my first prodject car and I don't have expirence to back me up.  But I do have
yours.  If all else fails I guess I could visit the mechanic, not willingly
though.
TIA
Tom