rolls-bentley

Re: There is life after all!!

To: Stephen <stephen@prestset.co.uk>, "Rolls" <rolls-bentley@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: There is life after all!!
From: Berry Kercheval <berry@kerch.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1999 09:46:05 -0700
At 02:25 PM 10/19/1999 +0000, Stephen wrote:

>So there is some activity on this list after all, l have been a member
>for couple of months and l can't believe how little traffic there is. I
>have a Jensen Interceptor and l am on their list and we get 20 - 40 a
>day. I know there is another Rolls list but l believe you have to be a
>member of the club which l think is a shame that you have to pay to get
>on their lists, does anybody know why you have to pay?

The RROC mailing list is a membership benefit.  There is, however, an open
web-forum on the RROC site that gets a fair amount of traffic.

My feeling, anyway, is that if you are going to own a Rolls-Royce or
Bentley car, then you are nuts if you don't join the club.  The access to
information, the directory of folks with similar cars, the magazine, all
make it well worth the paltry dues you have to pay.  I sometimes boggle
that people will pay $100,000 for a car and then balk at $100 for the club
dues.  If you can't afford the club dues, you can't afford one of these
cars.  It's like someone once told me about aeroplane ownership: if writing
a check for $1000 dollars to your mechanic at a random time totally screws
up your budget, don't own a plane.  With these cars, if they are well
maintained there will be few such episodes but it would be a shame for the
car to be parked for a few years because you can't afford $750 for a
rebuilt turbo-encabulator to replace the one that just failed after 250,000
miles.

Stephen, you are in the UK, so the RREC is most likely the first club you
should join, but I know folks who belong the the RROC, RREC *and* the BDC,
just to get all the newsletters.

  --berry
--
Berry Kercheval :: Scriptics Corporation :: http://www.scriptics.com