Re: Photogenic Morgan

To: stuross@nac.net, Rdcmole@aol.com, morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Photogenic Morgan
From: SDviewpnt@aol.com
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2000 23:18:09 EDT
In a message dated 10/25/2000 6:52:31 PM, stuross@nac.net writes:

<< The bottom line is that the offered $250. Is that a going rate? >>

Hello All,

As a commercial photographer in the Phoenix area, I have paid from $175 -
$250 in the past for a prop car for photo purposes.  That is usually for a
"day" and doesn't include mileage should the location be out of the city or
if we are moving locations during the day.  Usually, a minimum of a half-day
is quoted and is really calculated at 60% of the full day rate.  Exotic cars
may require a higher fee and common cars less.

Try some research by calling other photographers and/or production companies
for comparison.  Remember that the market sets the rates and that your needs
may be different.  Please don't low ball as that only depresses the entire
process.  In lieu of some of the fee, accept photos...negotiate.

Be sure to discuss any risks or liability issues that may arise from the use
of the car or damage to it.  After all that, have fun!!

Good luck,
Steve Dreiseszun
Viewpoint Photographers
Phoenix, AZ
'56 Plus 4
(A Morgan that got out on the road for it's first run last Sun for the 2000
British Desert Rallye.  We got drenched and had a ball!  Many thanks to Jon
Nyhus of British Motor Classics, Ltd. for an amazing amount of work in a
short time, and Scott Morrison for great support.)