mgs

Re: Attn NJ Guys - Pending Legislation

To: Dan DiBiase <d_dibiase@yahoo.com>, MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Attn NJ Guys - Pending Legislation
From: Bill Saidel <saidel@camden.rutgers.edu>
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2006 17:25:39 -0500
Dan,

I'm with all the others in interpreting the legislation with a
positive twist.  It states

"  Under current law, owners of properly registered historic motor
vehicles are permitted to operate them solely for exhibition and
educational purposes.  This bill permits the use of these vehicles
also for occasional travel or pleasure driving, which is defined as
not more than one day per week. "

That says to me that I can drive for travel or pleasure in addition
to exhibition and education.  My question:  who is going to sit
outside my garage and count the number of times per week I drive my car?

This is an example of legislation on the books that has no "there"
there EXCEPT that it opens a loophole for us.

Bill S.
76B
British Motor Clib of  Southern New Jersey

At 03:19 PM 11/6/2006, Dan DiBiase wrote:
>Saw the following on the NJ Car Show News Yahoo Group -
>
>  Assembleyman John Burzichelli district 3 (Cumberland,Salem & Glouster)
>  has introduced legislation that would restrict classic cars to only be
>  driven once a week for personal use. With all the the problems in this
>  state you would think he would have better things to do. All Classic
>  car owners & clubs must band together & get this nipped in the bud.
>  Here is the link to the legislation
>  http://www.njleg.state.nj.us/2006/Bills/A4000/3540_I1.HTM
>  Here is Burzichelli's website -
>  http://www.njleg.state.nj.us/members/burzichelli.asp