mgs

FW: air pump

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: FW: air pump
From: "Peter Ryner" <pryner@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2005 22:11:50 -0500
-----Original Message-----
From: Peter Ryner [mailto:pryner@verizon.net]
Sent: Sunday, March 27, 2005 7:32 PM
To: Paul M.; Paul Hunt
Cc: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: air pump

Interesting perspective, but runs contrary to what many television shows are
showing on Saturday AM.  Not that I believe everything I see on TV, but when
I see several shows on DIY that actually put a vehicle on a dyno, test it,
do the chip and exhaust changes along with various other modifications and
re-dyno the vehicle you can see the difference in the horsepower and torque
lines.  I've seen some that even do the dyno after each modification so you
can see just what you get at the rear wheels for each change.  Granted, most
intake and exhaust increases are modest, but they do increase horsepower.
The chips depend more on how they are programmed to fatten the top, middle
or bottom end, but they do make horsepower - even on normally aspirated
vehicles.
Pete