mgs

Re: alloy valve cover

To: "Paul Root" <ptroot@iaces.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: alloy valve cover
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 09:30:10 +0100
If you fit a breather remember the original has a restricted vent to prevent
weakening the mixture too much, you should be able to get the size of this
from your existing cover by probing with drill shanks.  As to why one should
not simply fit a breathing oil filler cap, although that will give the same
crankcase ventilation as before you will not be purging the canister and you
will disable the anti-runon system, if fitted.  If you don't purge the
canister it may block up which could cause fuel starvation or overflow
problems, and if you disable the anti-runon valve you may not be able to
switch the engine off with the key :o).  However both of these could be
overcome by further work.

PaulH.