mgs

Re: mgb overdrive [tunnel top cover]

To: "Telewest \(PH\)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>,
Subject: Re: mgb overdrive [tunnel top cover]
From: Barrie Robinson <barrier@bconnex.net>
Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2003 17:32:45 -0700
Paul,

I have the hole in front of the gear chromed ring.  There is three captive
nuts and one in the chrome ring which could obviously hold a cover.  I do
not have the cover - is there such a thing?  Otherwise I will have a big
hole under my carpet and I suppose it could be reached by splashes !!! -
Possible but unlikely

At 05:10 PM 10/7/2003 +0100, Telewest \(PH\) wrote:
>It is a top cover with a hole for the gear lever and secured by six screws,
>being about twice the size of the hole needed just for the lever, the extra
>space being in front of the lever.  From the drawings in the Parts List it
>is significantly smaller than the MkI access panel but still gives some
>useful extra space for access.  It was provided from the start of MkII
>production to the end of production.
>
>PaulH.

Regards
Barrie