mgs

RE: surface temperatures

To: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>,
Subject: RE: surface temperatures
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 15:28:58 -0600
Maybe I had the same problem but mine occurred right after an engine
rebuild. I didn't have any of these fancy temperature measuring gizmos like
you guys. I had to settle for old fashioned observation, ultimately ending
up removing the radiator cap and noting the lack of pressure or steam. So I
knew the temperature gauge indication was bogus and my coolant temperature
was not very high despite the gauge just being a hair shy of "H".

Mine turned out to be the voltage stabilizer - or to be more exact, the
grounding of the stabilizer. One indication, perhaps a bit more subtle -
the fuel gauge also appeared to be reading a bit higher than expected.

David Councill
67 BGT
72 B