mgs

Re: Tao of Bugs

To: James Nazarian <jhn3@uakron.edu>
Subject: Re: Tao of Bugs
From: Rocky Frisco <rock@rocky-frisco.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 01:58:32 -0500
James Nazarian wrote:

> Last summer I was driving down the highway and one hit my wing mirror so
> hard that it shattered the mirror and blew the pieces right out of the
> frame.  It put one hell of a dent in the thing too, not that it matters
> without glass.

<jonie mitchell>
I thought I knew bugs, but I didn't really know bugs at all . . .
</jonie mitchell>     as it were.

When I lived in Ontario, Canada, where you sort of expect the bugs to be
"kept down" by the cold, I saw a bug that had somehow become trapped in a
pan of oil, instantly fatal to all insects. This crazy damned thing was WAY
too big to be a bug - bird-sized and butt-ugly. Gives me the creeps just to
remember. It had big mandibles on its ant-like face and a foot-folded
delta-winged configuration when dead, soaked in oil. Reminded me of the
millennium bugs from the Book of Revelation.

I am a life-loving vegetarian old libertarian hippy, and I wasn't much
different back then but I WAS VERY GLAD it was "dead, soaked in oil."

It was just nasty, really dangerous-looking.

I don't even like to reconsider this thing. Gives me the Creeps, as I said.

Thank Deity-of-your-choice ALfred Hitchcock never came up with the idea
this bug suggests.

"THE BUGS"        ;)

-Rock     http://www.rocky-frisco.com
--