mgs

RE: more power

To: "'MGBracer80@aol.com'" <MGBracer80@aol.com>, lrcar@red4est.com
Subject: RE: more power
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2002 14:42:08 -0700
LOL

Way to go Troy!

Glad to hear the next generation has some cojones.

#1  Talk to me about the shifter feel.  The MGB all synchro box is kinda
stiff to shift due to the internal design.  Shortening the shifter makes the
problem worse.  There are probably some tricks that could be used to clean
up the ball/socket design to improve feel, but I don't think that there is
much that can be done to make it as sweet a feel as the early non-synch box.

#2  Be safe, have fun.  Learn to plea bargain.

#3  Good for you.  Forgive our lack of tolerance.  When I was 16 all my
friends had muscle cars and couldn't understand my love for the MG either.

#4  Sorry mate, but get used to being left in the weeds.  Make up for power
with good sense, driving skill and longevity.

#5  A supercharger or turbocharger is the most cost effective way of getting
power, short of an injection of cubic inches, that's why the other guys are
going that way with the rrockets.  For a low budget, a V8 or V6 homebrew
conversion is the way to make the car scream at low cost.

#6  No comment.

#7  I'm hoping to make it a bit further than 20 years, I figure I've got
about 40 years of dicking with British iron left ahead of me.  Hopefully you
will be trying to keep up with my supercharged, cross flow, crank fired,
fuel injected stock block MGB.  I'm still learning.

#8  Ok, it's in line for the ugliest car ever made by man.  But it still has
more power and handles better than an MGB.  Luckily it has nowhere near the
soul of an MG, so therefore is not comparable.

#9  Keep on learning, that's thanks enough.

#10  Cool.  I was afraid the twin tail pipe was a thing of the past.  Too
many ground scraping chrome plated garbage cans out there.

Kelvin.