mgs

rubber bumpers

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: rubber bumpers
From: Zubrovka <zubrovka@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2002 17:02:50 -0600
How do you restore those rubber bumpers anyway?  Mine are very dull looking.
I recall seeing a car at a show in Memphis, which had the rubber
bumpers painted to match the car.  The owner told me he used a paint
process similar to what GM uses on their "Endura" bumpers.  It looked
really good in red too!
I've looked at all the chrome bumper conversions and aside from
looking cleaner, wonder about other benefits.
For instance, weight.  The rubber bumpers weigh about 50-75 lbs each,
so doing the conversion should improve performance?

Is there any information out there about restoring rubber bumpers?

Also, while thinking about non factory radios, has anyone checked out
the new XM radio? <xmradio.com>  It seems that would be a good way to
go, not having to mess with cd's or tapes.
John

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list
///