mgs

72B restoration

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: 72B restoration
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 21:11:45 -0700
After months of inactivity, my 72B restoration moves ahead. I have a 72B
body shell at the body shop to have patch panels installed and to be
repainted. Its been at the body shop since this summer and they have now
commenced work. Not that I was in a hurry. Most of the parts that this body
requires including the engine and o/d transmission are coming from my
rusted out 71BGT. A tribute to a fine car that I bought in 1983 and put
nearly 200k miles on.

So my question - its the color. About six months to a year ago, someone
else asked what color they should paint their B. As I recall, the
predominant response was black tulip. I think too that it outpolled all
other colors combined. Does anyone have pictures of cars of this color
(other than Paul Tegler's page)? How does this color compare to black? By
this, I mean in terms of how black clearly shows imperfections.

David
67 BGT
72 B rebuilder
71 BGT donor