mgs

Re: Hagerty won't play with me anymore....

To: larryhoy@prodigy.net, lundgren@byu.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Hagerty won't play with me anymore....
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Mon, 7 May 2001 10:33:14 EDT
larryhoy@prodigy.net writes:

> To embellish on this question, has anyone had an accident with there present
> "collector car"
> insurer, when they weren't using the car to go "to or from a car event".
> Did the insurance
> company pay?
>
> Sorry to jump in here Andrew, but I think I know where you're going with
> this.  You want
> collector insurance [rates], and want to drive the car on a casual basis to
> work, the store,
> etc.

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

Keep in mind that insurance companies are not dumb.  They have seen
everything.  You may get away with it once, but don't count on it.  If you
are not strictly adhering to the terms of the policy, they do not have to
cover you.  And if enough people try to get away with scamming insurance
companies, guess what happens to the rates!

If you want to drive your car anywhere, I suggest that you look into a
regular policy from State Farm.  They offer a big discount on hobby cars over
25 years old.  It is more than most collector car insurers charge, but you
are covered as though it were your daily driver.  You will probably not get
agreed value coverage either, but if you work with your agent, he or she will
make sure you have adequate coverage.  It helps if the same agent insures
your other cars and your house.

Just my 2 pence.

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward