mgs

Re: Metal adhesives vs. welding

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Metal adhesives vs. welding
From: "Michael Nadeau" <nade18@prodigy.net>
Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2000 10:22:53 -0400
Bud, I used a product called Fusor. A friend of mine that works at a Chevy
dealership in the body shop told me about it. It comes in a double barrel
tube so you need a special caulking gun. There are three different setup
stages it comes in, fast,medium and slow set. I used it on the fenders and
floors of my '66 Mustang. The fast-set set up in 5 min. when I did it in the
summer. Temp. affects it's set-up time. It's supposed to be 10,20 and 30
min. Incredible stuff. It's rated at 1700 psi. My friend was skeptical about
using it but they put a couple of old panels together that were laying
around the body shop and every guy, (12) had a crack at it to separate the
panels, they even put it on the frame machine. The metal gave up before the
product did. It isn't that expensive about $40 with the mixing tips, I'm not
sure how much the gun is. Very easy to work with. I put a outer wheelhouse
and the entire rear quarter on the Mustang in 1/2 hour. Absolutely no
distortion in the panels. Just put a small bead around the panel and clamp
together until it sets up. Also by doing this you are also seam sealing the
panel. Let me know if you need more info.

Mike Nadeau