mgs

Re: MGB Tonneau

To: Mike Razor <mrazor@mis.net>
Subject: Re: MGB Tonneau
From: Carl French <cfrench@cybertours.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2000 16:03:38 -0400
Mike Razor wrote:

> Time for another dumb question or so!
> What are the two tabs in the middle of the tonneau, with lift-a-dot
> fasteners for?

They are to attach to two matching males on the vertical metal behind
the seats. This keeps the tonneau snug and cuts down on the flapping at
speed.

> Second, the two zippers behind each seat?

I have only one mounted each side but they are to make the fit when
secured underneath

> Third, what would a new tonneau be worth?  Two came with the car, I
> just repaired and refitted the old one, which is like a new one and I
> don't see any reason to have two.

I sold one for $75 and it seemed a fair price for an avg used.

> Finally, I was told that the two gray tubes are to support the
> tonneau, but I don't have the slide-in  mounts for them.

I got the stowaway top and it uses the same mounts. I believe they are
avail through Moss.

> THANKS!
> Mike R
 Carl F
Too Hot and lazy to go the Boston MG show today