mgs

Re: Trunk lid won't open

To: "Baker, G." <gbaker@customcpu.com>
Subject: Re: Trunk lid won't open
From: Dan Schmiedt <willys@clemson.edu>
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2000 13:20:59 -0400 (EDT)
On Sun, 4 Jun 2000, Baker, G. wrote:

> All,
>    I need an idea to open a trunk on a 69 MGB that has a nonfunctioning
> latch.
> Tried to open it and the button feels the same but the trunk won't
> open.  I've removed the backup lights and tag/backing plate and messed

You mention that the button feels the same, and that rang a bell.  Right
after I bought my '64 B, the trunk suddenly refused to open.  Button felt
normal, it just wouldn't open!  Turned out that the latch was ever so
slightly out of adjustment, and was not clearing.  We pushed in on the
metal just below the lid just a little (ie, where the license plate is,
hand pressure only), pushed the button, and it opened.

I'll look at it when I get home to make sure that was what we did.

Good luck,
Dan

                    \
                     \
                      \
    __________          _________                Dan Schmiedt
   |          (        /         |)            Network Services
   |   oooo    --------   oooo   |          Clemson University DCIT
 [=\  oo  oo   \------/  oo  oo  /=]    (864)656-7556  WILLYS@clemson.edu
       oooo               oooo