mgs

Re: [Fwd: Historic Plates -Reply]

To: <JustBrits@aol.com>, <mgrick@ptd.net>, "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fwd: Historic Plates -Reply]
From: Larry Macy <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2000 06:46:40 -0400
This converstion is similar to the one I had that ended 7 years of the 78
Midget on the road. I had regular plates, but failed the emmisions test.
I had a safty inspection but no money to get the emmissons up to snuff
when I moved to PA in 1990. After driving the car for about 6 months, I
was stopped at a light and a local officer stopped next to me and stated
he had seen the car being driven and didn't want to see it again unless
it had the proper inspection stickers. I ran it over to the shop again,
it failed again. No money - parked. Left in parking lot and various
locations for 6 years. Then a dedicated effort to get it running. Now it
passes both safety and emmisions. Or safety and less than 5000 miles per
year.

Larry

>In a message dated 04/29/2000 7:32:16 PM Central Daylight Time,
>mgrick@ptd.net writes:
>
><< All you have to say if you are stopped is that
> you are going/coming from a club event. >>
>

>Huuum, Rick.  I'm an Officer of The Law with you pulled over.
>
>Me:  "And the info on the "event" is where??"
>You:  "At my house(apt). Sir."
>Me:  "Oh, at your house?  Fine, I'll just follow you there and you can show
>me the flyer or other info.  OK?"
>You: "er, I think I threw it away, Sir!?!?"
>Me:  "Well this summons which is in accordance with the New Jersey Uniform
>Motor Vehicle Act is gonna cost you $(insert fine here) and the revocation
>of
>those plates along with notification to your insurence carrier that they
>have
>been revoked."
>You:  "but, but, but...."
>Me:  "Huum, maybe had you told me the truth, and maybe if I hadn't seen you
>operating this "cute" car for the past month.....".
>
>'Course the aforegoing is PURELY "fictional" (right!).
>
>Cheers (and remember to carry Bond Card at all times)....
>
>      Ed

Larry Macy
78 Midget

Keep your top down and your chin up.