mgs

Re: Fuel Pump - NOT

To: MGs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Fuel Pump - NOT
From: Chris Kotting <ckotting@iwaynet.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2000 07:44:35 -0400
Alan -

I'm on the Digest, so this answer may be a little late.  If you haven't
taken it apart yet, it's likely that the problem is that the diaphragm
has gotten stiff.  After a while, accumulated varnish and other fuel
deposits will make the diaphragm get too stiff to flex, and the magnet
won't pull it hard enough to overcome the stiffness.

Your best option is to just replace the diaphragm, though you >>might<<
be able to get away with soaking it in some denatured alcohol to losen
it up enough to flex.  However, there's no telling whether the poor
thing will subsequently split on you, so replacing it is your best bet,
particularly since you have to tear into it anyway

Chris Kotting
ckotting@iwaynet.net