mgs

Re: BMW commits? and is a new MG what we need?

To: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: BMW commits? and is a new MG what we need?
From: Bob Shaw <shaws@mlcltd.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 20:33:53 -0600
At 1:14 AM +0610 3/17/00, Eric wrote:

>On the point of continuing traditions... the MG Car Club of South
>Australia (the second largest car club in this State) has created an MGF
>Register to cater for the needs of this growing band.  They are joining
>the Club and joining in with Club events and are actively contributing
>to the continuing legacy of the marque in our region.
>
>We even featured an 'F on the cover of the first "MG Motoring" Club
>Magazine of the year/century/almost-millenium.
>
>What a wonderful thing it is to see Club members' K-series next to MGFs
>at displays and events.  The marque marches on and we love it that way.
>

>Eric
>'68MGB MkII
>
>PS We had 17 (yes, 17) new members join the Club at the last meeting and
>at the recent All British Day event, with the MG as the "featured"
>marque, the centre field Club display was matched in size by the
>'off-field' MG attendance and each more than matched the numbers of any
>other marque in attendance.  We welcome as many old and NEW MGs as we
>can get.

I couldn't agree more. If the hobby of British sports cars is to
remain viable we must continue to welcome new cars as well as new
drivers.

On a related note, I am looking for information on a 5 speed
conversion for a CB Midget ('74 actually) that my 24 year old son and
I are building for him. Iam aware of the Mini Mania kit that utilized
a Nissan 210 from the years '79-'81, but those little buggers are
getting hard to find. Soeone from Tennessee wrote about a Toyota5
speed kit they installed in their Midget. Anyone know about that?

P.S. Ive been having difficulty with my software (Thankyou
Microsoft!) and have sent messages to at least two individuals that
were meant for the list. Thanks for the tolerance, and sorry for the
inconvenience
--
Bob Shaw
Check out Shaw's Garage at http://www.mlcltd.com/shawsgarage/