mgs

Re: MGB Heater core

To: "Dave McLeod" <davemcleod@yahoo.com>, "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: MGB Heater core
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 15:54:30 -0800
AAAAAH! Stop right now!

No, really, DO NOT ATTEMPT TO REMOVE THE BOX! You'll only come to grief.
Merely remove the front cover of the box (after removing the clips and
the two water hoses) and simply and easily remove the heater core from
the box. Leave the main box in place.

The Moss catalog exploded view unfortunately is from the back side, and
gives no indication of the order-of-assembly issues. Take it from me, the
box will not come out until you go under the dash, behind the center
console, and disconnect the heater flap control, pull the two rubber vent
tube elbows, and pull the two tubes out of the bottom of the lower heater
box (there may be a few other little things that I forgot). And my very
strong recommendation is, DON'T DO THAT! Putting them back together is
about one thousand times more difficult than taking them apart.

BTDT, have the scars to prove it...

Dave McLeod had this to say:

--

Max Heim