mgs

Re: Moss MOtors - PArt 2

To: Bud Krueger <bkrueger@ici.net>
Subject: Re: Moss MOtors - PArt 2
From: Kevin Sullivan <kevins@khoral.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 1999 09:00:22 -0700 (MST)
On Tue, 30 Nov 1999, Bud Krueger wrote:

> Wait a cotton pickin' moment, guys.  You seem to be ignoring the fact
> that we have an ombudsman here on this list and his name is Kelvin Dodd
> (please note the correct spelling).  Yes, he is a Moss employee and is
> one of this list's greatest assets.  There wasn't any 'divide and
> conquer', it was a courtesy on Kelvin's part and gratitude isn't even
> being shown.  Moss didn't take care of the problem, Kelvin did.  And it
> wasn't to avoid embarassment to Moss. He's just that sort of person.

Hey, that's almost exactly what I was going to say!  In any group or
company you are going to find good people and bad.  Kelvin and many others
on this list are great examples of the good.  There are people on this
list that when you say you need some hard to find part will reply with
"what's your address?  I'll put it in the mail today."

On the subject of supporting your local LBC shops, I'm all for it.  I
moved to Albuquerque (where we have several options for getting LBC parts
and services) from the Florida panhandle (where there were none that I
knew of).  There I relied on Moss catalog orders.  Now I support my local
shops when I can, because I want them to stay in business.  Of course if I
need a part now, and the local shop says "we won't be placing an order
'til next week" or if I'm 1500 miles from home, I can call up Kelvin or
George or one of the other good people on this list and have the part in a
day or two.

Kevin Sullivan             kevins@khoral.com
Khoral Research Inc.       www.khoral.com/staff/kevins/mgstuff
Albuquerque NM USA