mgs

North American MGB Register

To: drded@ix.netcom.com
Subject: North American MGB Register
From: drded@ix.netcom.com
Date: Sun, 7 Nov 1999 18:21:02 -0500 (EST)
On 11/07/99 11:01:36 you wrote:

> David,
>
>  I'm a member of NAMGBR and TMGR (Texas MG Register).  I like them
>both.  NAMGBR is a bit provincial in that being based in the northeast,
>it tends to focus itself on the north and east.  It also, as did you,
>tends to focus on MG gurus from the NE.  I know that there are events
>reported in the "Driver" that are held in other parts of the country but
>the main focus is N and E.
>
>  TMGR is based in the Dallas-Ft. Worth (DFW) area.  Its newsletter
>reads like a DFW MG club, similar to the Alamo MG Association (AMGA) in
>San Antonio, the club to which I belong.
>
>  Nothing wrong with this of course, as long as folks recognise it.  But
>I submit that there are plenty of people in other parts of the country
>(take Lawrie) who know as much about MGs as those you mention.  I hate
>to see them left out, especially when they are active in giving free
>advice on this list.
>
>  CR
>  MAMGBR 8-3530

One of these days I'm going to post something and not have Charley jump all
over it....I know
it's going to happen but just wondering when. The only reason I mentioned the
people that I did
was because I have dealt with them personally. NAMGBR is far from top heavy and
east coast
oriented. We have over 50 people from Texas and 150+ Califorians currently
members. That's like
10% of the total membership.There are 6 member recommended shops in Texas and
20 in CA. Texas MG
Register is an affilated chapter as is Houston MG Car Club and Corpus Christie
MG Club. As far
as listing events goes / if it's sent in we'll list it. Can't list something we
don't know
about.

My point was that NAMGBR gives back more to it's membership than any other
organization and I'm
very happy to be involved with such a fine group. The quality of the MGB Driver
is second to
none. I'm also a proud member of MG Car Club - Long Island Centre, Kansas City
MG Car Club and
Connecticut MG Car Club.

Safety Fast,
David Deutsch