mgs

Re: hood to window seal

To: "Enrique Claure" <spaninc@ceibo.entelnet.bo>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: hood to window seal
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 17:52:57 +0100
I would have said that if the vinyl touches the windscreen frame it is
likely to wear through and leak.  There is perceptible clearance the full
width of mine.  Maybe your hood clamps are too tight.  My hood used to leak
at the outer edges slightly, tightening the clamps did nothing, but
loosening them did the trick.  My seal which effectively gives two seals.  I
suppose that the way I have it now allows for a small channel to exist
between the two seals, so that any water that gets past the first can drain
away, and there is a second line of defence.  If the seal is compressed too
much you effectively have only one barrier.

PaulH.
MG Cars Webring MG Site of the Month - September '99
http://freespace.virgin.net/paul.hunt1/
(or if that URL doesn't work try   )
(http://194.168.54.52/paul.hunt1)