mgs

Long drive to winter storage

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Long drive to winter storage
From: Steve Shoyer <steve@shoyer.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 1998 22:44:40 -0400
I have no garage and the used hardtop I almost got went to someone else, so
I'm planning to drive my '80 MGB from Boston to Philadelphia to leave it in
my parents' garage.  It's about 300 miles, and I've never driven the car
that far.  So far the car has been pretty reliable when I haven't been
working on it, but I would probably be doing the drive on the Wednesday
night before Thanksgiving, so I'd be screwed if anything bad happened.

Is this a bad idea?  What should I take with me to prepare for trouble?

Also, one of the tires has a slow leak, so I was thinking of replacing all
four before the trip, but a friend suggested waiting until the spring so
the car wouldn't be sitting on new tires for four months and develop flat
spots.  Any sense in this?

--Steve Shoyer