mgs

MGB oil dipstick madness? How much oil?

To: "mgs@autox.team.net" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: MGB oil dipstick madness? How much oil?
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 1998 02:20:22 -0400
How much oil should it take to get an 18V engine up to
full after draining whatever will drain out of the sump?

  My B seems to read HORRIBLY overful even with just a couple
of liters of oil. Do I have the wrong dipstick? I am kind
of afraid to run it where the dipstick says.

  To verify, the dipstick has about the last four inches
readable, with the low notch about an inch from the end, and
the max notches about a half inch further up.

  (for these to make sense view in monospace)

 __________________________________

      M   M
      I   A
      N   X

  ..is the oil really supposed to be kept that low? I haven't
tried it but I feel like I'd get it there with maybe a liter
of oil.

--
Trevor Boicey, Ottawa, Canada.
tboicey@brit.ca, http://www.brit.ca/~tboicey/