mgs

FW: MGC Motors

To: MG mail list <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: FW: MGC Motors
From: Mike Cousins <mike.cousins@wsnelson.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 1997 16:27:00 -0500
Good thing you should ask.  I yanked my 4 out of my 1977 MGB and changed
out the clutch recently.  In order to lift the 4 out, I took a 5" by 8"
piece of fairly thick steel and drilled two holes in it one inch from
the end of the long side and exactly 3 1/2" apart.  This plate fits on
the back of the engine where the top two bolts in the engine-tranny
plate are.  Take out the bolts - put em in the plate holes- and put 'em
back into the engine and you've got a great lifting plate - you just
have to drill a hole in the top for a shackle - hook it up to a chain
with another around the front (through the exhaust manifold and around
the top water hose inlet) and to a hoist and LIFT.

Cheers