mgs

Re: Watkins Glen

To: "Richard A. Boris" <borisri@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Watkins Glen
From: tallen <tallen@csc.sctboces.org>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 1997 10:40:56 -0400 (EDT)
I like it a lot, but then again it's usually the only event I ever get to
attend :-)  They usually have a concours de elegence, a glenkhanna, a
regular show for the non-concours folks, and anyone who wants can drive a
lap of the old race which ran through town.  Then later they bring down
the vintage racers from the track and they run a lap.  The only downside
to the whole day for me is the events can be spaced kinda far apart.  It
starts in the morning and goes 'til 9:00pm or so.  Also, I believe they
have a trip somewhere (a run) for a picnic.  Anyway, the streets are shut
down, they put out haybails on the streetcorners like in the old days,
there are always lots of MG's, as well as other marques (Lotus, Allard,
Triumph, Morris, etc).  It's a cool day.

Tom. '60 MGA 1600