mgs

Re: TOB - LBC Caravan adventure, a synopsis and some musings

To: Charlie Baldwin <ewsinc@blazenet.net>
Subject: Re: TOB - LBC Caravan adventure, a synopsis and some musings
From: Rick Brown <mgrick@ptd.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 1997 18:53:44 -0700
Charlie Baldwin wrote:

> Larry Macy wrote:
> >
> > Good story Dr. Doug. I am glad you got home safely. I have a fan and a
> > pulley for the same alternator, although I am not sure if the pulley will
> > work.
> > I have to agree that kudos to the LANCO MG club are in order (even if
> > they were the only ones to win any door prizes). About the trip to and
> > the meet itself I will add only that I enjoyed it as well. I'll follow up
> > with the tail of my cruise home.
>
> Larry, Doug, Kai and others,
>
> Thanks for your kind comments about Taste of Britain. I gave out the
> door prizes and didn't know most of the recipients, so they weren't
> Lanco people. In fact, a good friend of mine did win one, but got an MG
> T-shirt, an MG key fob and MG pen and he has a Healey! The only rigging
> that went on was to try to match up items that were marque specific with
> owners of that marque, however it went too quickly to do much of that.
> An MGA owner did get the MGA print, but I have no idea who he was. A few
> years ago we had someone trade a colortune that he won for a key fob
> that someone else won - I think he was driving a Triumph.
>
> Sorry I didn't get to meet any of you except Doug - things were pretty
> hectic until we gave out the door prizes, then everybody left.
>
> Hope to see you all next year when I won't be co-chair and can actually
> check out the people and cars.
>
> Charlie
Charlie

I think the comment about the door prizes being rigged was tounge in
cheek - Think what was meant is that you didnt give out the door prizes
at the time specified in the the handout (between the second and third
chuckker (sp))...Kind of p-ssed a few people off who had to leave and
got tired of waiting for it to happen.  Other than that the show was
great as usual - my fourth year there.

Had an uneventful run in the 61 A down and back with Terry Allen as
co-pilot.  We missed our caravan on the way down by 10 mins. so we did
the round trip solo.

See ya next year.

Rick

74 BGT