mgs

Re: Restoration Tip - Really!

To: "MG List" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>, "Don Mathis" <donmathis@lucent.com>
Subject: Re: Restoration Tip - Really!
From: "JedPiper" <JedPiper@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 1997 14:30:15 -0500
Don -

Dad's shop (Velo-Sport Cycles) is located in Ottumwa, Iowa.  I'm located in
Cibolo, TX; about 15 mi north of San Antonio.
Dad has all his castings done at a foundry in Fairfield, IA as he feels
that quality of the materials they use are superior to the quality of those
available to the average shop owner.  I'd be willing to bet that there is a
foundry in or around Atlanta that could produce a brass, sand casting of
the handle you need for a reasonable fee.  If not, there is a company in
San Antonio that works with aluminum, brass, bronze and cast iron castings.
 They are AA Foundries Inc, and are located at 231 Virginia St., Tel.
210-532-6344.  They claim to specialize in reproductions and might be able
to assist you with your handle.

Good luck,

Jed
http://home.earthlink.net/~jedpiper