mgs

Oil leak

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Oil leak
From: Bob Gaughan <gaughan@highway1.com>
Date: Wed, 28 May 1997 18:59:11 -0400
I have a leak on my '61 MGA 1600 that seems to be coming from "above"
the oil filter.  I have a spin-on adapter.  I actually replaced the
previous spin-on adapter with one that I got from Vicky Brit.

I tightened the adapter very tight and used one of the seals that came
with it.  I hand-tightened the filter.  I also got it from Vicky.

Still leaks.  It seems to be coming from above where the filter butts up
against the "plate" (I don't know what the hell to call it).

Any thoughts on whether an original oil filter set-up would solve the
problem, or if the problem is somewhere "above" that plate?

Thanks. Bob Gaughan