mgs

V8 A-Arm Bushings

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: V8 A-Arm Bushings
From: "Richard A. Boris" <borisri@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 13 May 1997 19:46:48 -0400
Hi Everyone:

Need some technical advise regarding installation of V8 A-arm bushings.
Situation; started to install the bushings that I bought from VB and
realized that the hole diameter of the steel bush inside is 1/2 inch.
Seems strange to put 1/2 inch bush on a approx 3/8 inch wishbone bolt.
If I used the standard rubber bushing, I can see that the clamp-up
forces causes the rubber to compress around the wishbone bolt, but a
metal 1/2 internal bush?? or maybe I do not understand the mechanical
function of the A-arm bushings, or VB sold me some good old fashion
junk. Any comments and help would be greatly appreciated. Note, FASPEC
has polyurathane bushings on sale until 17 May for approx $ 15 a set.
What material/type is preferred?

                                                                        Thanks:
Rich Boris