mgs

re: MG Weekend

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: re: MG Weekend
From: culgandm@sterlingdi.com (David M Culgan)
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 97 15:15:16 EST
David Deutsch writes:
>I also had an MG Sunday only difference is I was in an MPV rather than
>MGB. Traveled from Long Island to Reading, PA (area) stopped along the
>way, at first service area on PA Turnpike and meet up with Dave Cugan
>(I know you're lurking around here somewhere) and exchanged 5 original
>steel disc wheels for some gas and toll money.

Its true! I'm taking the low budget route to "true" motoring. Sandblast
wheels, respray, mount and balance some new 165 wide tires, a used disc
wheel rear axle and front hubs. Labor intensive sure, but that's the way
this car was built, by MG and again by myself from parts. Should feel like
a new car again. I had been putting off buying tires because my wire wheels
were so out of true. I tired to do that myself, and was somewhat successful
in freeing up old spokes with heat, but the more I thought about it, the
more I liked the look of disc wheels and could easily "visualize" them on
my '66 MGB. See you on the road!

Dave Culgan
'66 MGB soon to be wireless