mgs

Weber Help

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Weber Help
From: Jim Buckley <buckley@mesa7.mesa.colorado.edu>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 1997 06:52:36 -0700 (MST)
My son purchased his first car - a 1964 Sprite (what a way to start :>

It has a Weber 45 DCOE on it when purchased.  He has just made his first
road trip in the car - Colorado to Tucson to San Diego - and it ran well
all the way.

However, since he has got to San Diego, it has started die-ing on him
whenever he comes to a stop light/sign.  As I said, this is his first
car, he is 800 miles away, and he took the Weber manual with him.

Any chance anyone in the group has any experience with this carb?  My
first thought (sure wish I could be out there to tinker with him) is that
it must be the idle circuit and it has dirt in it. But how do you
determine that from 800 miles away - and help him through cleaning it out?

  I am, also, beginning
to wonder if there is any possibility that the choke is sticking in a
closed position (without the manual it is hard for me to visualize this
particular carb, however), which would let it run OK at speed, but might
flood it at a warm idle.

Any ideas would be welcome and appreciated.

Jim Buckley
(buckley@mesastate.edu)

'70 Midget