mgs

Roof Ripping

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Roof Ripping
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@blackknight.isocan.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 1996 22:41:45 -0400 (EDT)
  Ok, weak stomachs, turn your head.

  I am looking at pulling the roof off of a 1971 MGB GT. The car is worn
but salvageable and available for a decent price.

  What structural strength does the roof on an MGB GT provide? Is the
bottom of the car structurally changed on the convertible models to add
support?

  What would I be looking at to perform this brutal modification? What
structural problems would I have, or modifications would be required so
that the car did not fold in half?

  The car is a very possible restoration, but for the work I'd be
investing, having a convertible would be high on my list of wants.