mgs

Re: Replacing Door Glass Rubber Seal, and GT Update

To: <mgs%autox.team.net@MV.Unisys.COM>
Subject: Re: Replacing Door Glass Rubber Seal, and GT Update
From: TUSLER%MP050@MPA15AB.MV.UNISYS.COM
Date: 05 JUN 96 12:46
>How do you get to the clips which hold on the rubber which seals agains the doo
 glass?  I assume that I need to take the glass out of the door, as when I roll
 the glass all the way down, it is not low enough to clear.  Has anyone replaced
 this
< rubber?  How'd you do it?

 BINGO!  You have to take the glass out.  To take the glass out, you have
to dismantle the crank mechanism. To dismantle the crank mechanism, you
have to remove the door panel.  Make sure you do not open the little
clips too much, otherwise they will stick out and you will have all these
nice, parallel scratches in your window...  As long as you have the wooden
rail off, your might want to replace the fuzzy strip on the inside, too.
Beware the height limit adjustment when you install the glass again.  If the
window goes up too high, it could hit the top when closing the door,
breaking it.

*Philippe Tusler - Mission Viejo, CA     | "MILOU"    '57 MGA Roadster *
*A-Mail:   <TUSLER@MP050>                | "TINTIN"   '66 MG/MGB-GT    *
*InterNet: TUSLER@MP050.MV.unisys.com    | "N/A"      '88 ISUZU Trooper*