Rover 3.9 Oil Pan Sealing

To: mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: Rover 3.9 Oil Pan Sealing
From: Glenn <g_wakefield@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2006 19:23:56 -0800 (PST)
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
I'm pulling the engine this weekend to replace the oil
pan gasket to try to fix a couple of the small oil
leaks.  I haven't had much luck getting a good seal
when replacing the pan with the engine in the car.  I
also want to take a good look at my clutch, so an
engine pull is called for.

What is the current thinking on the best way to get a
good seal on a 3.9 oil pan? Use the cork gasket dry?
Cork gasket with permatex?  Permatex only?  I have
read that some of the newer Rovers only have Permatex
gaskets.

Thanks!

Glenn