Re: Valve Train Noise

To: trichels@sbcglobal.net, mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Valve Train Noise
From: GrayTesla@aol.com
Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2005 19:50:54 EDT
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
<<I have a newly rebuilt 1964 Buick 300 (Aluminum heads) engine and it
seems to have a barely perceptible amount of valve train noise. ... Maybe I'm
being too picky but the engine is just not as quiet as small block Chevys and
Fords that I have owned.>>

As a senior citizen whose hearing is well past the "what did you say" mark,
please feel free to wrap up that lovely, but somewhat noisy, engine and send it
to yours truly. I'll even split the freight with you!

Honestly, I wonder if our totally aluminum engines do propagate sound more
readily?

Best to you, (What?)

Darius