B-V8s racing at Watkins Glen

To: mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: B-V8s racing at Watkins Glen
From: John.Deikis@med.va.gov
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 12:05:45 -0500
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Last year at the MG Vintage Racers' Focus Event at Virginia International
Raceway, a single B-V8 ran in the SVRA "American Thunder" V-8 feature race--
against a pack of "thundering Americans."  The little 215 came in third,
behind a Donohue Sunoco Camaro and some sort of Boss Mustang.  He was a bit
back for third but way ahead of  the Vettes and other ponycars by quite a
margin.

This car, built from the owners former daily commuter car in England, will
be joined by at least 2 other MGB V-8s at this years Focus Event at Watkins
Glen in September.  I think this is not to be  missed!  Although my entry is
at the other end of the MG spectrum (a 1275 "Works-style" Sebring Midget
coupe), the expected turnout is for over 100 vintage MG race cars, including
a 1929 18-80-based racer, a number of fairly rare pre-war cars,  including a
K-3 and half a dozen 6-cylinder N-series MGs, and the usual gaggle of
T-types, MGAs, Bs, Cs, and Spridgets.

JohnD

To: MGVR Racers "Planning" to Attend CC04

Re: Collier Cup MG Entry

MGVR has just received an updated list of MG Entrants from SVRA for their
"Zippo Vintage Grand Prix" in September, with the Collier Cup MG Race. Here
is a copy of it for your reference: We're well on our way to 100+ MGs !!!!

Greg Prehodka
MGVR Publicity Coordinator