Re: Rear shocks?

To: <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Rear shocks?
From: "Carl Floyd" <cmfloyd@chartertn.net>
Date: Sun, 8 Jun 2003 11:27:26 -0400
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
<< If you have any doubts about the stiffness of the levers you can get the
uprated valves which are
about 25% stiffer, and, I am told, excellent for performance applications.>>

I spoke with Peter Caldwell of World Wide Auto Parts last year at the V8
meet in Michigan.  He recommended the uprated valves for the front shocks
only. He explained that when you stiffen up, say, the right front corner of
the car with the uprated valves it will also stiffen up the left rear. The
reason he was in Grand Rapids was beacuse he was working the Vintage races
over at Grattan tuning shocks.