Re: Where can I find Torque values?

To: m1garandusa@netscape.net
Subject: Re: Where can I find Torque values?
From: "Simon Austin" <simon_mgb@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 15:43:21 -0700
Cc: mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
James,

I found some of the torque settings you require in a "Haynes" manual for the
Rover 3500 1968 to 1976 loaned to me by my engine re-builder.

cylinder head bolts: 65-70 lbs/ft
Main bearing cap bolts (one to four): 50-55
Rear main bearing cap: 65-70
Big-end bearing cap: 40
Rocker shaft: 25-30
Flywheel: 50-60
Inlet manifold: 25-30
Inlet manifold clamps: 10-15
Exhaust manifold: 10-15

For some reason, it doesn't list the con-rods.  Maybe someone else on the
forum has them as well as confirm the above values.

I do have others listed here for ancillaries if you need them.

Hope this helps.

Simon Austin