1979 350 MGB

To: "'MGB-V8@autox.team.net'" <MGB-V8@autox.team.net>
Subject: 1979 350 MGB
From: "Mclean, John R" <JohnRMclean@eaton.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 10:11:10 -0400
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Gentlemen

I have a 79 B that I have loaded a 350 Chev in. The engine has about 400 hp
is solid mounted. I have some de bugging to do and am looking for anyone who
has experience with a similar installation. I am also running a TH 350 GM
auto trans and the stock rear end.

First Question

For anyone who has mounted a US V* in a B,   How did you accomplish the
motor mount? Did you use the stock US mounts or did you solid mount the
engine and trans?

If you hard mounted the engine what kind of experience have you had with
vibrations? I seem to have a harmonic vibration at high RPM and under
deceleration. I have not had previous experience with solid mounted engines
so I do not know if this is normal.

John McLean