Re: Header/Pinion Clearance

To: "Bruce" <brucemills@dccnet.com>
Subject: Re: Header/Pinion Clearance
From: "Frank van Dalen" <frank.vandalen@fae.storkgroup.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 12:57:25 +0100
Cc: "mgb-v8" <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
I use about the same shimming (5 millimeter each side) and gave the header a
smack with the hammer. It's not so bad, if you hit it on the oblique side of
the collector you're not obstructing the flow since there is a lot of
cross-section area there. On a left hand drive car, the engine will tilt
away from the pinion anayway. I guess the only alternative is to use the RV8
style headers running through the fenders.

Frank

[This message delayed, as it needed manual intervention by the list
administrator.  mjb.]