Header/Pinion Clearance

To: "MGB Newsgroup" <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: Header/Pinion Clearance
From: "Bruce" <brucemills@dccnet.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 19:04:32 -0800
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
I have just fitted my engine for (hopefully the final time) and the I
shimmed the passengers side motor mount 3 original MGB motor mount shims to
get the oil adapter plate for the up-rated oil pump off the rack. I also
shimmed the drivers side the same. The headers which have been ceramic
coated and the pinion are hitting each other. If I remove any shims from the
passengers side it would again hit the rack. The only thing I can think of
is to remove the header and give it a smack with a hammer right at the
collector. The ceramic coating is suppose to be such that I could smash the
header flat and it would not screw up the coating, but before I do that I
was wondering if anyone else had a better idea? This is a 1974 MGB RB car.

Bruce