Starter Wiring

To: "MGB Newsgroup" <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: Starter Wiring
From: "Bruce" <brucemills@dccnet.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2001 15:23:49 -0800
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
I have purchased a Weber Mini Hy Tork starter for my Rover V8 and the wiring
is slightly different than the original MGB starter. There is no problem
hooking up the main wires (brown) from the battery which in turns goes to
the alternator. There is also no problem with the Green/white wire which
goes to the ign. But there is a Brown/White wire which as far as I can
figure out also goes to the alternator. The problem is on the new starter
there is only one male fitting. Does this B/W wire have to be hooked up, and
if I don't hook it up what will it affect, or can I just hook in up to the
same male fitting which I am going to hook the G/W (ign) to?

Thanks

Bruce