New 500 cfm 4 bbl Carburetor for Sale

To: MGV8 list <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: New 500 cfm 4 bbl Carburetor for Sale
From: Kevin & Deana Brown <MGTRAutoXr@sprintmail.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2001 18:31:09 -0600
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Hi everyone.  I've got a brand new, still in the box (never been opened)
Edelbrock Performer Series 500 cfm 4 bbl carburetor that I would sell
for $176 plus shipping.  When I ordered my new Edelbrock Carburetor a
few months ago, for my MGB V8 project, I accidentally ended up with two
of them.  I've emailed and called the outfit that I ordered it from
trying to get them to send me a return shipping label; however, I
haven't been successful.  Since I got the carb at a good price (I think
that their normal price is $220), I thought that I would offer it to the
list.  That would also save me from wondering if they were going to
credit my credit card account or not if I send it back to them.  This is
an Edelbrock #1404 manual choke carb. The manual choke model will work
better when fitting a low rise air cleaner.   If you recall from the
Newsletter, this carb is essentially the same as a Carter AFB since both
Carter and Edelbrock carbs are both manufactured by Weber, in fact many
(if not most) of the Carter parts fit the Edelbrock carb.  This carb
comes with a nice detailed 32 page book on how to fine tune and optimize
the carb for your application.  Below is a link to a picture of the carb
that I am keeping mounted on my car (the carb kind of puts the rest of
the engine to shame):

 http://home.sprintmail.com/~mgtrautoxr/_uimages/MGBV8_Carb.JPG

You can pay me via check or if you want to pay for this on your credit
card you can do that via PayPal by clicking on the link below.

 https://secure.paypal.com/refer/pal=MGTRAutoXr%40sprintmail.com

 If you pay via PayPal I ask that you include an extra $3.50 since they
are now charging me 1.9% on payments now.  Let me know if you are
interested