Preload

To: MGB Newsgroup <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: Preload
From: "Opstal, Lex van" <agopstal@huygmetaal.nl>
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2001 09:50:11 +0100
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Bruce,

You should have checked the preload as a precaution
specially when a different cam has been installed.
The preload should be checked with the lifters empty.
The gap of 0.5-1.5 mm is measured between the spring and the upper
outside ring of the springseat of the lifter.

Adjustments can only be made by way of shims under the rockerpedestals
or adjustable pushrods.

Lex van Opstal.
Holland.