Re: cooling problem?

To: BlkfxdWG@aol.com
Subject: Re: cooling problem?
From: Jim Stuart <jimbb88@erols.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2000 20:43:06 -0400
Cc: mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Carl-

It was not my intention to be rude in my reply. Please accept my sincere
apology.
The last thing this list needs is a less than friendly response to a question or
problem, & that was not my intent.

The Chevys & others that you refer to as not having shut off valves do have
them,
but they are internal to the heat/cool unit, & are vacuum operated. They are not
located on the external hose, & are therefore more expensive to replace. You can
find pictures & listings in the parts catalog I referred to. That catalog, at
least the one the local NAPA has, does have some listings that go back
considerably farther than 20 years, but I was not sure how many, used 20 years
as
a safe figure.

Jim Stuart