Clutch Change

To: mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: Clutch Change
From: Mlandrick@aol.com
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 06:00:26 EST
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
All,

Thank you all for your helpful replys.  After moving things around and
scratching my head about how I could separate the trans from the engine
underneath the car, I bit the bullet and went ahead and pulled the engine.
Got the release bearing out and it was destroyed / melted on to the collar
that slides over the pilot shaft.  Hopefully, the heavy duty bearing I
ordered from Philadelphia Ball (took the number off the SKF Moss part and
they ordered a hopefully better one).  I should get it back together this
weekend.

Cheers,

Rick Huber
75 V8 B