Re: Steering

To: DickShaler@aol.com, mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Steering
From: DANMAS@aol.com
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1999 22:58:48 EDT
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
In a message dated 10/10/99 8:47:08 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
DickShaler@aol.com writes:

> It has always been good practice if
>  you use more than two U joints to to incorporate a stabilizer for the
middle
>  shaft (s).

Dick,

It's not only good practice, it's mandatory! With 4 joints, I have to use TWO
supports. With 3 joints, I could have gotten by with only one, but I missed
being able to use just 3 by a mere 4 degrees or so!  Without the extra
support, the intermediate shaft will just flop around like a boneless chicken
- a lot of flopping, but no real movement!

Dan