Disappointment for the day

To: mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: Disappointment for the day
From: Wake074@aol.com
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 1999 20:40:33 EDT
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Some of you have been following (or at least reading my constant barrage of
questions) my quest to turn my B into a V8 over the winter.  As you have all
read, I'm still just into the buying parts stage.

Well, the good news is my Buick 215 arrived today from Oklahoma, from a
gentleman that collects Buicks.  It was supposedly pulled 3 years ago (and
running), and stored inside protected since then.  Well, upon examination
tonight, the intakes and exhausts were left uncovered, and only some plastic
was stuffed in the spark plug holes.  So I took one of the cylinder heads
off, and found just what I was expecting, 3 of the 4 were completely filled
with animal debris.  So obviously the cylinders show major signs of pitting
and rust damage.  The engine will obviously not budge, big surprise there.

I guess I will end up paying big bucks for machine work.  Anyone care to
throw out a good estimate of what this is going to cost to repair.

Very disappointed from the setback, both in financial terms and trust of our
brethren in the collector car hobby.

Glenn